Last Updated: February 13, 2024
Pre-Arrange.com and its affiliates respect the privacy of our clients’ families and website visitors. We value our relationships with existing and prospective clients (“you”), and recognize that an essential element of those relationships is the trust and confidence you place in us to serve you and your family during your time of need.
Personal Information. “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or describes, directly or indirectly, a particular individual, such as: name, address, email address, or phone number.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information You Provide. We may collect and store the following Personal Information when you submit it: (1) through our Sites; (2) at an informational pre-planning seminar we conduct; (3) by phone; or (4) by mail. We may use this information for typical business purposes (including auditing our interactions with our clients or Site visitors, for internal reporting purposes, or security and anti-fraud purposes) and as described more specifically below:
- Personal Identifiers. We receive personal identifiers that you provide to us (such as your name, address, phone number, email address, billing address, shipping address, date of birth, insurance policy number, signature, and social security number in certain instances) and use them to respond to your requests; to create new member accounts at your request; to fulfill your orders for merchandise and services; to communicate with you for marketing and informational purposes (you may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by requesting to be removed via email); to provide you with the products and services you request from us pursuant to the terms of an advance (pre-need) and to provide you with information about our products and services that you request from us. We will also create a client number when you make a purchase so that we can identify you.
- Message Content. We collect the messages you submit to us through contact, sign-up, and purchase forms on the Sites, such as customer service requests, messages you would like us to provide to delivery recipients, and delivery instructions. We use this information to respond to and fulfill your requests, and to improve our Sites and our service and merchandise offerings.
- Geo-Location Information. Some of the information we collect, such as Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, may be used to estimate an approximate location of the device you are using to access our Sites in order to enhance and personalize the features and functionality of our Sites, including our mobile applications, and service offerings.
- De-identified or Aggregated Information. We may de-identify or aggregate data and may use and disclose it for any business purpose.
- Inferences Drawn from Personal Information. We may use the information you provide to create a profile about your preferences to offer you products and services in which we think you might be interested.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications under State or Federal Law. To the extent permissible under applicable law, we may collect your age, gender, ethnicity, religion, and veteran status for the purposes of providing you products and determining your service preferences and in order to market products and services we think would be of interest to you.
Information We Collect From Business Partners. We may receive some of the personal identifiers, message content, and commercial transaction information listed above from third-party business partners (such as floral, memorial, or insurance providers) related to your transactions with them that involve us providing you with merchandise or services. The Sites may also permit you to log-in and connect to the Sites with your social media account (such as Facebook), and we collect profile information about you from that social media website that you have made publicly available. We use this profile information for the same purposes as when we receive the information directly from you, as described above.
- Cookies: A “cookie” is a small data file that we transfer to your browser or mobile device. Most browsers provide controls allowing you to block receipt of cookies, to delete cookies, or to be prompted before cookies are received. Please note that, if you delete or choose not to receive cookies from our Sites, the functionality of the Sites may be impaired. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage or delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- We use third-party advertising services to serve advertisements on our behalf when you visit some of our Sites and other websites, third-party email services to send informational and marketing email to you, and third-party analytics services to help us understand and improve the usage of our Sites and the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. In some situations, we permit the companies providing these services to set and access cookies (and use similar data tools, such as “pixel tags” or “web beacons”) through our Sites and our emails, and these companies may collect, for example, your personal identifiers (such as IP address, device and browser identifiers and characteristics, and anonymous identifiers) and information about your device (such as operating system and language preferences) and your usage activity on the Sites (such as your interaction with our Sites, the link you used to reach them, and the content and advertising displayed on them and our content and advertising on other websites and online services) and use this information to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you on our Sites and other non-affiliated websites and/or to provide analytical information for our Sites. Third-party companies also may collect and combine information about your online activities over time, on other devices, and on other websites or online services, if those websites and online services also use the same companies. Information about cookies and similar technology placed by third-party companies on our Sites and their related data practices is set forth below.
Analytics and Advertising Technologies
You may choose not to receive some interest-based advertising by submitting opt-outs. Some of the advertisers and business partners that perform advertising-related services for us may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising and/or the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding interest-based advertising, including use of cross-device data for serving ads, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please remember that when you opt out of personalized advertising, you may continue to see online advertising on the Sites and/or our ads on other websites and online services.
We also use advertising services provided by Google Ad Services. To learn more about the data Google collects for advertising and to opt out of certain ad targeting by Google, please visit here.
Online Tracking / Do-Not-Track Signals
Your web browser may have settings that allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites or use online services. Like many websites and online services, our services are not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. For more information about Do-Not-Track, please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Retention of Personal Information
Protecting Personal Information
We employ reasonable security measures to secure and protect the information we receive. Please remember, though, that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure.
How We Share Personal Information
We may provide business partners, affiliates, and third parties with the Personal Information we collect (as described above) for our business purposes to assist us in providing products and services to you, including to process transactions, deliver products at your request, or to help us market products and services to you. We also disclose Personal Information as described below:
To Comply with the Law and Legal Process. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary in our judgment to comply with a legal obligation.
No Use by Children Under the Age of 18
The Sites are not intended for use by children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use our Sites. If a parent or legal guardian posts an entry on behalf of a child under the age of 18 on an online guestbook or other section of the Sites, the parent or legal guardian must indicate that such entry is being made on behalf of the child by the parent or legal guardian. Caution and good judgment should be used in connection with any information provided concerning the child. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 18 years of age. If we believe that any information has been posted by a child under the age of 18, we will promptly delete that information. Parents may contact us using the methods set forth below to request that information concerning their child be removed from our Sites.
Certain jurisdictions impose specific legal requirements and grant privacy rights with respect to Personal Information, and we will comply with restrictions and any requests you submit as required by applicable law. You may be able to use the Sites to access and update the information that you have provided to us through your use of the Sites or otherwise.
Virginia Privacy Rights
This section applies to Virginia Consumers as defined by the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”), that use our services. Capitalized terms defined in the VCDPA that are used in this section shall have the same meaning as in the VCDPA.
This section describes our collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Data. You can learn more about the Personal Data we Process and the purpose for processing such Personal Data in the Information We Collect and How We Collect It section above. You can also learn more about our disclosure of Personal Data and the categories of Third Parties we disclose Personal Data to in the How We Share Personal Information section above.
If you are a Virginia Consumer, subject to certain conditions and restrictions set out in the VCDPA, and other applicable laws, you have the following rights with regard to your Personal Data. Please note that we will need to authenticate your identity before your request can be processed. For authentication we will match the Personal Data you provide against our records.
- Right to Access. You have the right to know the Personal Data that we may hold about you and access such Personal Data.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Data that we have Collected from or obtained about you.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sales. You have the right to opt-out of the Sale of Personal Data. We do not Sell your Personal Data as defined under the VCDPA , however, some of our advertising practices may be considered a “Sale” under certain state privacy laws.
- Right to Opt-Out of Targeted Advertising. You may request that we stop disclosures of your Personal Data for Targeted Advertising by emailing a request to [email protected].
If you are a Virginia Consumer, subject to certain conditions and restrictions set out in the VCDPA and other applicable laws, you have the following rights, in addition to the rights stated above, with regard to your Personal Data.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to request that we correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data.
- Right to Opt-Out of Profiling. You have the right to opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects. Because we do not engage in profiling that would result in decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects, we do not offer this right.
- Right to Appeal. If you are unsatisfied with our actions related to the exercise of one of your privacy rights above, you may appeal our decision using our online form.
We may Sell or share the categories of Personal Data listed below to our advertising partners:
- personal identifiers
- geo-location information
- information collected automatically through our Sites (e.g., IP addresses and device identifiers)
We also Process the following categories of Personal Data: personal identifiers, geo-location information, and information collected automatically through our Sites for Targeted Advertising. You have the right to opt-out of the Processing of your Personal Data for Targeted Advertising, as described below.
Virginia Consumers may submit their requests under their respective state laws emailing us at [email protected]. Please note that, depending on the nature of your request, you may be asked to provide information to verify your identity before your request can be Processed. You may exercise your privacy rights under the VCDPA no more than twice in a 12-month period. If you choose to exercise any of the privacy rights described above, you will not receive discriminatory treatment from us.
How To Contact Us With Questions
Your questions, comments and feedback are very important to us. For privacy-related questions, contact us via email at: [email protected]